- Chevy entered the WTCC, one of the only three FIA World Championships, in 2005.
- The Cruze WTCC is developed by UK-based Ray Mallock Ltd (RML), one of the leading world specialists in Touring, GT and Rally cars.
- It won 6 races in the 2009 Championships, including 2 on the new street circuit of Marrakech (Morocco) and at the grand finale in Macau (China).
The Chevy Volt Plug-in Hybrid:
- This car covers the initial 40 miles / 64 kms on pure electric power. Apparently, most Americans drive lesser than this on a daily basis. If your commute is longer than 40 miles, power comes from a 4 cylinder petrol from the 41st mile onward. The battery is charged via a regular sized power socket.
- A 16 kWh, T shaped Lithium-ion battery pack powers the electric drive unit capable of meeting full vehicle speed and acceleration requirements.
- The Volt’s “Efficiency Meter” in the digital instrument cluster gives the driver real-time feedback on driving efficiency.
- The heating and cooling system has three efficiency modes, while activating the Volt’s “Green Leaf” button provides access to vehicle Power Flow, Charging and Energy information. The driver will be able to set the charging schedule inside the vehicle or remotely, based on time of day or cost.
- The Volt comes with audio and visual cues to alert the driver when the car powers on, off and when charging is activated.
- Will be launched in the United States later this year.
Chevrolet Beat prices starting at around 3.5 lakhs ex-showroom.
- Sequential Injection kit with precise control of fuel delivery through electronic injectors ensuring efficient combustion.
- Minimal deterioration in performance in petrol mode.
- Hardened Valve seats and Anodized pistons are used in the proven 1.4L VGIS petrol engine. This ensures no engine damage or reliability issues on CNG mode.
- Minimum service requirement owing to advanced electronic operation.
- Reworked suspension that leaves the ride and handling unchanged after CNG kit fitment.
- Will come with a 3year/ 1,00,000km standard warranty.
- A New Front Bumper.
- Electric Sunroof.
- Sporty Red & Black two tone interior trim.
- Black Bezel Headlamps.
- Smoked Lens Tail Lamps.
- Based on the 2.0 VCDi LT variant offering Front Wheel Drive and Manual Transmission.
- Limited Edition "Xtreme" logo on the rear.