The major Objectives of this mI-PAD are:
- To provide an attractive Graphical User Interface for the users.
- To provide a User Interface which is easy to understand and use.
- To save time of the users by displaying all the required tools and features in the foreground which they would have otherwise devoted in frantically searching for the required feature amongst the seemingly endless mass of cascading menus and toolbars.
- To help the users create plain text files.
- To provide the users with the ability to create documents containing basic text formatting and manipulations.
- To provide the user with ability to edit the layout of the interface according to his/her needs and liking; i.e. Customization ability and hence, its title- mI-PAD
- To provide the users an option of using a new and an exciting tool that will take care of their most basic needs easily.
- It also provides a Scribble feature just to while away time when users have nothing else to do.
mI-PAD has been designed for:
Young Students- it is a great tool for young kids in the age group of 5-8 to get a hang of what a word/text editor looks and feels like before they progress onto bigger ones like MS WORD, OpenOffice and the likes.
Part-time Writers-it is also a great tool for people who write short stories or poem as a hobby because they require only a writing area and handful of formatting tools.
Small business people who need a word editor just to write email messages or to create a bill, purchase order, etc.
Home users – it is a great tool for people who are new to computers as it will easily help them to get accustomed to the working of a word processor, thereby eliminating the need for a formal learning process.
Some of the Snapshots of mI-PAD are shown below.
Salient Features of mI-PAD are:
1. Basic editing such as:
- Undo,Redo and other functionalities which are accessible both from toolbar, right click menu and from standard key combination.
2. Character formatting such as Rich character formatting:
- Colour and Background Colour choice
3. Find - find the occurrences of the desired word, one by one both forward and backward in the text; possibility of finding all the occurrences contemporarily involving case sensitive or insensitive search.
4. Print- Print Capabilities with Print Preview.
5. Skin changing- The application skin can be customized through resource files (xaml) containing the component definition.
6. Spell Checking-Spell checking is enabled for English, French, German, Spanish.
7. Localization- The application can be easily localized simply through resource files containing the list of label and messages. Application already supports English language.
8. Images- Insertion, edit, removal of images in format: .bmp, .tif, .png, .jpg and .jpeg, .gif. Image resize with the possibility to: setting the image height and width, height and width percentage proportion; block proportion feature. Image resize through borders drag and drop
9. Hypertext links-Insertion, edit, copy, and removal of hypertext links (to web pages). Possibility of opening links in browser through standard key combination.
As far as this mI-PAD is concerned, it is widely applicable in today’s world because mI-PAD has been designed to provide the power and functionality to satisfy the most demanding text editing requirements. It can work with the 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000, Server 2003 and 2008.
The Beta Version of mI-PAD is likely to hit the market in july 2010..